Benefit Zone - District Wide
Benefit Zone Information
The District Wide Benefit Zone benefits the District as a whole, in addition to Bartholomew Sports Park, Camden Creek Greenbelt, Elk Grove Park and Rau Park. These four parks total 207 acres and are packed with many high-use assets that are used by the public on a continual basis.
Expenses for parks in the District Wide Benefit Zone are shared by all Cosumnes CSD residents, rather than being placed solely on the Benefit Zone where the park is geographically located. Each of the other Benefit Zones (not including the overlay zones) carry the burden of these parks proportionally based on acreage.
Listed below are the projects staff anticipate completing in Fiscal Year 2021-2022. Projects are subject to change due to weather and/or unforeseen budgetary changes.
- Softball/baseball infields at Elk Grove Park will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- Softball/baseball infields at Bartholomew Sports Park will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- Decomposed granite walking paths will be filled and leveled throughout Elk Grove Park.
- Engineered Wood Fiber will be added as needed to maintain a safe depth at Bartholomew Sports Park playground.
- The restroom floors at Bartholomew Sports Park will be resealed.
- The restroom roof at the Elk Grove Park Kloss Softball Complex will be renovated.
- The irrigation intake screen at Camden Lake will be inspected, cleaned, and repaired if needed.
- The irrigation system at Rau Park will be upgraded.
- Annual aquatic weed harvesting and weir clean out of Camden Lake will be performed.
- Landscape bark will be applied to planter beds in areas where the landscape bark has thinned out.
- Landscape renovations to replace missing or poor performing plants resulting in beautified Cosumnes CSD landscape areas in Elk Grove Park, Rau Community Park, and Bartholomew Sports Park.
- Wooden picnic tables throughout Elk Grove Park will be refurbished.
- Parking lots at Elk Grove Park will be sealed and striped, and curbs and gates painted.
- Playground repairs will be made at Rau Community Park.
- Repair post and cable fence along roads and paths in Elk Grove Park.
- Annual road base maintenance will be performed at Elk Grove Park.
- Shade sails at Bartholomew Sports Park will be replaced.
- Sidewalks will be repaired or replaced throughout the zone where lifts and/or cracks pose a potential safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Multipurpose field at Rau Community Park will go offline for renovation.
- Annual maintenance will be performed on the irrigation wells and pumps at Elk Grove Park.
- Annual grooming of the synthetic turf fields at Bartholomew Sports Park will be performed.