Naming of District Parks and Facilities
The District is now accepting nominations.
Cosumnes Community Services District is currently seeking the community's help in naming two future parks. Perhaps it should be inspired by a historical figure or by local flora or fauna. It could be influenced by something else altogether. Submit your best idea for the naming of Elk Grove's newest play spaces by Monday, May 24 at 5 pm.
The two parks under naming consideration are:
PARK SITE A
This 4-acre neighborhood park is located in the Crooked Creek development of east Elk Grove, between Waterman Road and Grant Line Road.
- A conceptual master plan has not yet been developed for this park, however, neighborhood parks typically include a playground with separate areas for 2-5 and 5-12 year old children with swings and a shade element, a picnic area with a shelter, 1 or 2 small sports courts, a small water play area or other special amenity, a loop trail, non-programmed open space, landscaping and benches.
PARK SITE B
This 2.5-acre neighborhood park is located in the Sheldon Farms North development in the Laguna area of Elk Grove, directly east of Bruceville Road and south of Sheldon Road.
- The design theme for the park is the "great outdoors and camping".
- The park is proposed to include themed play equipment and water play area, adult fitness equipment and trail, picnic shelter, half-court basketball, and a variety of plants, grasses, flowering shrubs and shade trees.
How to Nominate
Submit your nomination in one of 3 ways:
- Complete the Online Form and upload documents
- Email the Nomination Form (PDF) and documents
- Mail the Nomination Form (PDF) and documents to Cosumnes CSD, Attn: Anna Hooper, 8820 Elk Grove Blvd., Elk Grove, CA 95624
All nominations must include the following items. Incomplete nomination packets will not be considered.
- Nomination Form (PDF)
- Narrative to support the proposed name (two page maximum)
- Letter(s) of support (three maximum)
- Optional: Supplemental documentation which may include newspaper articles, listing of accomplishments, and/or affiliations, resumes, photos, etc. (five page maximum)
Criteria for Nominations
- An individual or family who has provided exceptional, long-term contributions or service to the District or community.
- If an individual is deceased, a period of at least one year must elapse before submitting nominations for naming a site in their name.
- The site shall be selected in an area as close as possible to the residence of the individual or family.
- Names will not be considered if the individual or family has another site named in their honor unless the contributions are specific to the site and are extremely significant, with the exception of schools - and preferably joint school-park sites.
- A geographical, historical, or ecological relationship indigenous or of significance to the region.
- Sites shall not be named after a service organization.
- Names with connotations that by contemporary community standards are derogatory or offensive will not be considered.