Cosumnes CSD Social Media Disclaimer
The intended purpose of social media platforms is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the District and members of the public. However, these platforms are not the primary method of communication with the District, and any notices or requests for District services must be made via official communication methods identified on the District’s website, or by traditional methods of notification recognized by the District, and no comments or posts on this platform will be construed as providing notice to the District of any claim, deficiency, dangerous condition, request, or otherwise.
Any comments or other content posted or submitted to social media platform for posting, as well as personal identifying information for the page’s users and visitors, and its list of fans, may be public records subject to disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act (Cal. Gov. Code § 6250 et seq.). Public disclosure requests must be directed to the District administrative office.
The District disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any materials that the District deems inappropriate for posting which cannot be removed in an expeditious or otherwise timely manner. The District reserves the right to restrict or remove any content, articles, messages, posts, comments, images, video, in violation of any applicable law, or containing any of the following:
- Comments not topically related to the particular article or post being commented on.
- Comments in support of, or opposition to, political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
Comments posted by a member of the public on social media pages are the opinions of the commentator or poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by, the District, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the District.