Saturday - April 19, 2014
8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Rotary Grove in Elk Grove Park
The CSD Parks and Recreation Department invites the community to celebrate spring at the annual Spring EGGstravaganza on Saturday, April 19, 2014 in Elk Grove Park.
Festivities include carnival games, face painting, an egg scramble, petting zoo, inflatable attractions, ladybug releases, family entertainment, and appearances from the Easter Bunny. All activities have a minimal fee. Food available for purchase.
Spring EGGstravaganza Vendor Application
Breakfast with the Bunny
Saturday - April 19, 2014
8:00 am – 11:00 am
Pavilion in Elk Grove Park
Enjoy a pancake breakfast with the Easter Bunny. This is co-sponsored by the Pride of Laguna Creek Lions Club. Register early, seating is limited.
8:00 – 9:00 am (#47990)
9:00 – 10:00 am (#47991)
10:00 – 11:00 am (#47992)
Cost: $1 for children 2 and under
All others: $5 in advance / $7 at the door
All members of the party must pay.
Community Band Concert
Monday - April 7, 2014
Laguna Town Hall (3020 Renwick Ave, Elk Grove, 95758)
FREE concerts featuring the Elk Grove Community Band.
Creek Clean Up
Saturday - April 26, 2014 (rain or shine)
Help the CSD clean and beautify the natural landscape of Elk Grove and Laguna creeks, protect environmental resources, and of course, have fun! This is the perfect community service opportunity. Groups are welcome (please let us know ahead of time what location your group will be attending).
Meet the crews at one of these sites:
1. Elk Grove Creek: Elk Grove Blvd. at Emerald Oak Drive
2. Elk Grove Creek: Village Tree Drive at Oak Briar Circle (Miwok Park)
3. Del Meyer Park: Elk Grove-Florin Road
4. Lewis Park: 9615 Black Swan Drive
5. Zimbelman Park: 9191 Big Horn Blvd.
6. Bartholomew Sports Park: Whitelock Parkway and Franklin High Road
7. Camden Lake: Camden Lake Way near Sand Badger Way
8. Ringe Circle: Bond at Crowell Drive
Participants will be treated to a BBQ lunch at Miwok Park (Village Tree Drive). No pre-registration required. Wear comfortable clothes, sturdy shoes, gloves, and repellent. All participants must sign a hold harmless
form. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Elk Grove Greener Gardens Festival
Saturday - April 26, 2014
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Miwok Park (Village Tree Drive)
Stay for some festival fun. Elk Grove Greener Gardens Project is a community-based effort to educate and provide examples of water-wise, eco-friendly gardens and landscaping principles.
• Gardening and conservation workshops and demonstrations
• Routes for self-guided garden tours
• For more information and to register for the garden tour, go to: www.elkgrovegreenergardens.org
Comedy under the Stars
Friday - May 30 – Carlos Rodriguez
Friday - July 11 - Kirk McHenry
Friday - Sept. 5 – Don Barnhart (comedian/hypnotist)
6:00pm Seating Starts
8:00pm Show Begins
Laguna Town Hall, Amphitheater
$10 pre-registration (#49484)
$12 at the door
This show is suitable for adults only. Bring a picnic dinner, blanket and jacket. No high-back chairs. No pets permitted, except for service animals.
Call 405-5600 to register or visit a CSD registration location: Parks Administration Office, 8820 Elk Grove Boulevard, Suite 3; or the Wackford Community Center, 9014 Bruceville Road.
CSD Casting Call for Elk Grove’s Got Talent
Monday - June 23, 2014
Laguna Town Hall
Elk Grove, Calif. – Elk Grove performers seeking their “15 minutes of fame” have an opportunity to shine through “Elk Grove’s Got Talent!” spotlight at the Hot Summer Nights (HSN) concert series. The Cosumnes CSD Parks and Recreation Department released an open casting call to local acts interested in performing during the concerts’ 20 minute intermission. Prospective acts must audition on Monday, June 23 at 6:30 pm at Laguna Town Hall, 3020 Renwick Avenue.
Acts submitting interest applications on or before June 20 will be given priority for auditions. You can download an application,
or pick one up from the Wackford Complex (9014 Bruceville Road), or the CSD Administration Office (8820 Elk Grove Boulevard). Walk-up auditions will be considered, time permitting. Guidelines for auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are open to any age and any talent that’s appropriate for a family audience;
- Applicant must provide own sound or work from our small sound system;
- Auditions are limited to three (3) minutes per act;
- Parent/guardian must be present for performers under the age of 18.
- Parent/guardian must sign application if performers are under the age of 18 years.
- A panel of three judges will judge the following: Stage Presence, Presentation, and Talent. Decisions made by the judges are final.
Five acts will be selected for intermission performances – one each evening on August 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29. Performers must comply with the following provisions:
- Tentative performance time is 7:30 pm.
- Performances are limited to 20 minutes (including any set-up time).
- Performers must provide their own sound or work from the CSD’s battery-operated sound system.
- Stage space is NOT available. Performances will be held on the dance floor/grass area in front of stage.
For questions about Elk Grove’s Got Talent! Auditions, please contact Heather Shortino at (916) 405-5334 or email@example.com