Comedy under the Stars
Friday - May 30 – Carlos Rodriguez
Friday - July 11 - Kirk McHenry
Friday - Sept. 5 – Don Barnhart (comedian/hypnotist)
6:00pm Seating Starts
8:00pm Show Begins
Laguna Town Hall, Amphitheater
$10 pre-registration (#49484)
$12 at the door
This show is suitable for adults only. Bring a picnic dinner, blanket and jacket. No high-back chairs. No pets permitted, except for service animals.
Call 405-5600 to register or visit a CSD registration location: Parks Administration Office, 8820 Elk Grove Boulevard, Suite 3; or the Wackford Community Center, 9014 Bruceville Road.
CSD Casting Call for Elk Grove’s Got Talent
Monday - June 23, 2014
Laguna Town Hall
Elk Grove, Calif. – Elk Grove performers seeking their “15 minutes of fame” have an opportunity to shine through “Elk Grove’s Got Talent!” spotlight at the Hot Summer Nights (HSN) concert series. The Cosumnes CSD Parks and Recreation Department released an open casting call to local acts interested in performing during the concerts’ 20 minute intermission. Prospective acts must audition on Monday, June 23 at 6:30 pm at Laguna Town Hall, 3020 Renwick Avenue.
Acts submitting interest applications on or before June 20 will be given priority for auditions. You can download an application,
or pick one up from the Wackford Complex (9014 Bruceville Road), or the CSD Administration Office (8820 Elk Grove Boulevard). Walk-up auditions will be considered, time permitting. Guidelines for auditions are as follows:
- Auditions are open to any age and any talent that’s appropriate for a family audience;
- Applicant must provide own sound or work from our small sound system;
- Auditions are limited to three (3) minutes per act;
- Parent/guardian must be present for performers under the age of 18.
- Parent/guardian must sign application if performers are under the age of 18 years.
- A panel of three judges will judge the following: Stage Presence, Presentation, and Talent. Decisions made by the judges are final.
Five acts will be selected for intermission performances – one each evening on August 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29. Performers must comply with the following provisions:
- Tentative performance time is 7:30 pm.
- Performances are limited to 20 minutes (including any set-up time).
- Performers must provide their own sound or work from the CSD’s battery-operated sound system.
- Stage space is NOT available. Performances will be held on the dance floor/grass area in front of stage.
For questions about Elk Grove’s Got Talent! Auditions, please contact Heather Shortino at (916) 405-5334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday - July 12, 2014 to Sunday - July 13, 2014
12:00 pm – 11:00 am
Elk Grove Regional Park
Sleep under the stars and enjoy a fun and convenient campout this summer. The CSD and Boy Scout Troop 007 will host the annual Community Campout Saturday July 12 through Sunday July 13 at Elk Grove Regional Park.
Enjoy campground favorites including swimming, crafts, campfire songs and s’mores with the reassurance that you won’t be disturbed by bears looking for a late night snack. Dinner and breakfast will be prepared by the Elk Grove Lions Club.
It’s the only night all year you can camp in the park, so this is your chance! Campers must pre-register for this event. The Community Campout is for all ages. Cost is $13 per person. NO alcohol, NO smoking, and NO pets, with the exception of service animals, are permitted at this event.
Check-in begins at Noon on Saturday and the event wraps up at 11:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Additional details about supplies and a schedule of activities will be provided to registered guests.
Register by calling the CSD Parks and Recreation Department at (916) 405-5600 or 405-5300.
Hot Summer Night Concerts Series
- KB and the Slingtones Rockabilly, Honky Tonk, Swing
- Element of Soul Reggae, Pop, Rock
- Cover Me Badd Party Band
- OH! THE BAND Classic Rock
- Rachel Steele and Road 88 Americana, Alternative Country
6:30pm - 9:00 pm
Laguna Town Hall
Bring a blanket or low lawn chair and enjoy live music in the outdoor amphitheater.
Blanket Policy: No unattended blankets or lawn chairs allowed in the amphitheater before 4 pm. Items placed and left before 4 pm will be removed by staff. NO pets permitted, except service animals.
Food Available for Purchase